Hello, my name is Katie Louise Rushworth and I am 18 years old and a lover of all things fashion and beauty and writing. Check out my blog where I post weekly lifestyle tips, fashion and beauty tricks and travel pics!

Wednesday 22 November 2017

False eyelashes or Mascara?

Due to having a lot more plans and me leaving my room a lot more frequently than I usually would I have seen myself to have been buying a lot more beauty items than I usually would! One of those items being False eyelashes.
Now I love false eyelashes, I think they just make your eyelashes look a lot more fluffy, bold and outstanding however, when being asked what do I prefer false eyelashes or mascara? I can never seem to give an answer as they both have their pros and cons for me.


As stated before false eyelashes just add to the natural look of your eyelashes but make them look more intensified and prominent especially if you choose the perfect pair!
For me I tend to opt for Eylure False Eyelashes in 101.
I don't know whether this is the product or me but I find these eyelashes pretty difficult to apply as I find the glue takes quite a while to set before applying them to your eyelashes and then manhandling them trying to stick them on but they are curved perfectly so they fit the shapes of your eye which is hard to find in a good pair of eyelashes as you could spend ages fiddling with them cutting them down to the right length because they are too long!
If looked after correctly or not losing them on a night out then they can be worn multiple times so in the end is definitely worth almost £6 which is a little steep.

On the other hand, mascara is a blessing as it is obviously a lot more natural as you apply product to your own lashes just making them look longer and bolder but can often clump and smudge throughout the day depending on the mascara you choose. 
I often wear Maybelline Lash Sensational Waterproof Mascara so I am safe from panda eyes and mascara running down my face which it definitely prevents. I have been using this mascara for over two months now and even though I should probably invest in getting a new one I hate throwing away makeup that still has a lot of product in but maybe it is time to say goodbye as the bristles of the wand start to become clogged and lumpy with mascara but like I said you do get a lot of product from it especially for £8.99 which some might say is a bit pricey considering you can get cheaper drugstore mascaras.
In comparison to high end mascaras this mascara keeps its curls for a long time and gives you those thick dark lashes we all long for!

Even though I would love to wear false eyelashes every day because they just make me feel so sassy and fabulous I simply don't have the time or effort to spend on putting them on every day when it takes no longer than 5 seconds to put on some mascara and not have the risk of my own lashes flying off like I would false ones. I would definitely keep the false eyelashes for my night time attire and mascara for my everyday.

Thanks for reading, see you soon!

Katie x

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig