Hello, my name is Katie Louise Rushworth and I am 18 years old and a lover of all things fashion and beauty and writing. Check out my blog where I post weekly lifestyle tips, fashion and beauty tricks and travel pics!

Thursday 5 October 2017

American make-up haul

If you read my NYC travel post then you will know that I went to New York (hence the blog post) and you can't not go to New York and not splurge millions of dollars in Sephora, am I right ladies?!
However being the poor student I am, I didn't exactly spend millions of dollars but it sure did feel like it!

I bought a couple of make up items with money I got for my birthday and here I am to share my thoughts and opinion on these products before you invest in them for yourself.



Huda Beauty liquid matte - shade: MUSE


I spent ages looking in Sephora for a lipstick (preferably a matte liquid in a nude/pinky shade) and obviously every beauty stand in there had at least 5 of each but I just couldn't make my mind up! In the end it came down to my sister convincing me to get the Huda beauty liquid matte in the shade muse, main reason being that you can't actually buy Huda Beauty in stores over here in England and I'm always sceptical about buying make-up online. So, I took her advice and bought it and I'm so glad I did! It's got an amazing formula unlike most liquid lipsticks it doesn't make your lips look or feel dry!  It's very lightweight, easy to apply and best of all long lasting!
The only down fall for me is it's a little more on the purple side in terms of shade than to what I would have liked but either way still a gorgeous colour!

Huda Beauty Rose Gold edition shadow palette


Another little story on this product is I originally went in Sephora intending to buy the 'Tarte in bloom' eye shadow palette but somehow my sister persuaded me out of it saying "I already have too many neutral eyeshadow palettes and I don't need another one"! I totally agree with where she is coming from. So having this in mind I took a browse at the Huda Beauty Rose Gold edition shadow palette and instantly fell in love, even more so when I tried it out!
The colours are absolutely gorgeous! Easy to blend and can create so many incredible looks! It includes 7 pressed glitter shades which add so much glam to the eyes. It's probably one of the most pigmented eye shadow palettes I've ever used and just glides on and stays on all day.
A little pricey but definitely worth the money.

Becca highlighter - shade: Champagne Pop


Now I'm sure you've heard many beauty bloggers discuss this highlighter before and I know I'm a bit late to the party but it's better late than never, right? Right!
I can agree with a lot of beauty bloggers and say this is an amazing highlighter!
It produces a gorgeous gold, shimmery glow, staying on all day! However it can create a very intense look so personally I wouldn't wear on a day to day basis.
 Even though the product was quite expensive you do get a lot of product so is definitely worth it! 

Laura Mercier translucent loose setting powder


Yet again, another product I'm late to the party on buying in the beauty blogger world!
I heard a lot of good reviews on this product but would always just stick to my drugstore 'Stay Matte' pressed powder my Rimmel as it did a good enough job but I thought it was time to venture out and try something a little different.
The Laura Mercier loose setting powder is extremely lightweight! Which I love!
It makes my skin look flawless and helps keep my foundation looking matte and stops it from getting 
patchy! 
A definite must in my makeup bag now

Kat Von D Lock it foundation - shade: Light 42 neautral


I was umming and ahhing whether to purchase the Kat Von D foundation or the Make up forever foundation having heard great reviews on them both! But in the end I ended up going with the Kat Von D foundation purely based on it being cheaper!
I wasn't overly impressed with this foundation and was rather disappointed having spent $35 in comparison to my usual £12 foundation.
I have quite dry skin and it made my skin really flaky and patchy especially around my nose and slightly on my forehead which made me feel very uncomfortable throughout the day.
The product is very thick and heavy that it doesn't settle.
I was also disappointed when it's advertised as 24 hour wear when it didn't even last a couple of hours before it started going patchy!
I really wanted to love this foundation, but unfortunately it wasn't for me.


Comment down below some of your favourite make-up items at the moment! I'm intrigued to see what everyone is loving.
Thanks for reading, see you soon.

Katie x


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I really love the eyeshadow palette!
    My favourite makeup item at the moment is probably my new Rimmel foundation - it's really light on my skin, which is nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I use to be in love with my Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour foundation until I tried the No7 foundation, but still up there with one of my favourites x

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig