Hello, my name is Katie Louise Rushworth and I am 18 years old and a lover of all things fashion and beauty and writing. Check out my blog where I post weekly lifestyle tips, fashion and beauty tricks and travel pics!

Wednesday 18 October 2017

My top 5 must have A/W coats

Autumn and winter is my favourite time of the year clothing wise, I love just being wrapped up warm in a big woolly jumpers with knee high socks and a good sturdy pair of boots. But one clothing item that is an essential for me especially in autumn and winter is coats! You can never have to many coats. Coats are so versatile and there are so many to choose from especially this year with the trends being so different.



Being the big coat lover I am I've been browsing the web and searching stores to see what different coats they have that might tickle my fancy and I've seen a range from inexpensive ones to expensive ones to neutral beige tones ones to crazy patterned ones. And here I am to share my top 5 must have coats for autumn/winter with you to help you find your perfect coat for this season.


H&M Faux fur leopard print jacket


If you read my previous post you probably know I have a little bit of an obsession with anything leopard print at the moment and when I saw this jacket in H&M I fell in love! And as if it couldn't get anymore better than the design the material was so fricken soft it felt like a cloud (or what I imagine a cloud to feel like) and would keep you extremely warm and is something you definitely want if you come from England. The only downside was the price. I've always know H&M to be quite reasonably priced and often items are cheap so when I saw the price of this jacket was almost £80 I was a little shook as I was expecting it to be at least £50 but on the other hand I wasn't too surprised because when searching online for faux fur leopard print jackets they were seen to be priced a lot higher so is most likey the cheapest one I will find but personally I am still not willing to pay £80 for a jacket.


If you haven't seen at least one person wearing one of these 'puffer jackets' then you've definitely been living under a rock as they are very in this season with many different colours, but personally I love this mustard colour one as it adds a little something to my all black wardrobe and the dark gloomy nights of autumn/winter. Even though this jacket doesn't look the warmest of them all it will be perfect if you live in a more wet and rainy place in comparison to a cold and chilly one due it being a waterproof material and coming with a hood which can I say adds so much to it with the lining of fur. With it being from Zara it is a little pricey but you are paying for a good quality quilted jacket however I have seen many similar in high street stores such as Primark however not all come with hoods.




Tan/camel coloured jackets are very in this season and it doesn't surprise me as they have that very sophisticated and classy look to them without even trying! This jacket is perfect for a night out or on a little bit of a warmer autumn day as the material doesn't look as warm and fluffy as the first jacket but looks like it has a soft texture to it! The length on the jacket is perfect especially for petite people like myself as it won't drawn you going down to your ankles however the only problem is there is no button or zip to close the jacket so if it gets extremely cold you're still quite exposed.





Last year for Christmas I received an almost identical jacket to this one from New Look but from Debenhams and it's been a love of mine ever sine! When it comes to this season I can never take it off! I think jackets such as these are so fashionable but also pretty basic in the sense they can be dressed down or dressed up depending on the occasion! I'm a lover of the faux leather style as that leather, rock-chic is my kind of vibe and style but the liner faux fur just adds to that winter feeling making it look a lot more cosy and warm. The only downside to leather jacket is it can be quite tight fitting so is usually uncomfortable when wearing a think jumper underneath.




Now this one is probably not a suitable jacket for those who are expecting to keep warm or if you live in England as it's a longline blazer so isn't the thickest of clothing but I just couldn't not include it because I think it's such a gorgeous blazer which is great value for money at only £25 it would create such a sophisticated look with a pair of high waisted jeans and a stylish pair of patent leather boots so would be a great item for an autumn night out for somewhere fancy.



Whats your number one clothing item this season?

Thanks for reading, see you soon.

Katie x

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig