Hello, my name is Katie Louise Rushworth and I am 18 years old and a lover of all things fashion and beauty and writing. Check out my blog where I post weekly lifestyle tips, fashion and beauty tricks and travel pics!

Sunday 22 October 2017

Rimmel Sun Shimmer Self Tan Mousse review

If you know me then you know that I am the palest person you will ever meet and now and again especially on special occasions when I'm exposing my legs or arms etc I like to look a bit more bronzed and often tan myself especially at this time of the year where you can't just step outside and get a tan.
I think when I've got a tan I feel much more confident and I'm less self conscious about not wearing tights or jeans when going to a posh event or out round town, I can feel sassy and comfortable with my bronzed goddess legs out! Now I'm not saying that if you are pale and choose not to fake than that you can't feel beautiful and 'goddess' like but this is just a personally preference of mine.


I've only recently started self tanning in the last year or so as I was always too scared to try any out and look like a cheese puff because I am that pale that even the light shade would look supper dark on me. So I started out with trying self tanning moisturisers but they werent really what I was looking for, they weren't as dark as it'd have liked it to go and didn't bronze my skin like I would have hoped.

I thought I'd try a self tanner mousse for the first time. I didn't want to go for really expensive ones from brands such as 'Loving tan' or 'St Tropez' because that'd be at least £20 or more down the drain if I were to not like it! So I opted for a drugstore self tanner from Rimmel.

I've used the Rimmel Sun Shimmer Sel Tan Mousse for just under about a year now and I absolutely love it! It does everything and more than what I would want to get bronzed skin and it being super cheap at just under £8 its my number one self tanner.

After moisturising, shaving and using my 'Bodyshop virgin mojito exfoliater' in the shower so my body is now clean from all excess dirt I apply the self tanner with a tanning mit, mine is a St tropez mit I received for my birthday but I'm sure you can find just as good mits from Primark or elsewhere for half the price. The product is super easy to apply and goes on very evenly.
It dries completely in 5 minutes which is amazing meaning you don't have to sit around and wait before doing something and after washing the guide colour off after about two hours it left a lovely even golden look.
I decided to purchase the light shade to see if that would do the job and be as dark as I'd like and it sure did the job. It is perfect for every day wear if you are only wanting a light natural bronze look but is also build able if you are wanting to go a little darker! It doesn't make you look orange which is great as being so pale most self tanners can often do that!
And finally, unlike most self tanning products this one doesn't have a really revolting biscuity smell to it!

Thanks for reading, see you soon.
Katie x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig